The aim of the course will be to look at ten major novels and to use the themes of the novels as a stimulus to the discovery of poems inspired by those themes.
The novels will be grouped in pairs according to themes.
- Mansfield Park. Hard Times : Developing 19th century morality. Poems of Arnold, Tennyson and Browning.
- Mayor of Casterbridge. Change and innovation. Poetry of the 30's
- Sons and Lovers. Portrait of the Artist. Autobiography and art. Romantic poetry.
- History of Mr Polly. Howard's End. The age of the little man. T.S.Eliot.
- Memoirs of a Foxhunting Man. The Sword of Honour. Gentlemen going to war. Rupert Brooke and the poetry of 1914.
Wherever possible the course will take place in the Circle Bar at Harrogate Theatre on ten concescutive Monday afternoons.
|10 weeks £60.00|
If you book online there will be a £1.75 transaction charge added at the end of your order. Order from as many shows as you like in one transaction and pay only £1.75.
- Box office
- 01423 502116
- 6 Oxford Street,
- HG1 1QF