We are excited to announce 4 Seed Commissions!
The artistic team at Harrogate Theatre have recently undertaken a review of its existing support model, in order to remain committed to develop the ways in which we work with, nurture and support artists and companies. We have subsequently made revisions with a view to maintaining a fair and transparent talent development offer, while increasing the range of artists we support.
As part of the revision of its existing artist development initiatives, Harrogate Theatre is looking to support four companies or solo artists across the 2020/2021 financial year. You can be working across any discipline creating theatre in its broadest form, and the work you want to make can be presented across any of our spaces – Main House (500 seats), Studio (60 seats) or anywhere else across the building or offsite in alternative spaces (which should have step-free access).
The piece you are creating should fit with our Artistic Policy and meet Arts Council England’s Creative Case for Diversity.
• £3000 cash seed funding to 4 successful companies or individuals to go towards making their project. 3 of these will be offered to companies who have already engaged with us (by previous cash or in kind assistance). 1 of these will be offered to a company not currently or previously engaged with us.
• Tailored access to rehearsal space and technical support to deliver the project
• Up to a week’s run of performances to be delivered between April 2020 and March 2021
• Receive 70% of box office receipts from said run of performances
• Mentoring and support from HT Associate Producer, Marketing Team and access to key HT staff as required.
Download the full call out HERE.