Harrogate Theatre is looking for 12 chorus dancers to bring the magic to the party in our traditional family pantomime, Aladdin, this Christmas.
Our three dancing teams will take part in performances over the festive season. This will involve missing some school (boo, hiss!) but you will be part of Harrogate’s most magical festive celebration.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a professional performing company and learn about the commitment required to be a performer. We are unable to offer any payment to pantomime dancers, but this is a wonderful experience that you will never forget!
Our choreographer, David Lee, will be holding auditions on Sunday 17 July from 1pm at Harrogate Theatre. We warmly welcome young people (of all gender identities) who are aged 13 – 17.
To be seen, please email a completed application form and attach a photograph by Tuesday 12th July to email@example.com
Download the application form HERE.
Please make sure you can answer ‘yes’ to the following if you would like to audition:
- I am 13 years old or over on 22 November 2022 and under 18 years old on 15 January 2023.
- I am able to attend rehearsals from 24 October - 12 November (will include some Saturday mornings).
- I am able to attend technical and dress rehearsals between 14 November – 22 November. This will involve taking some time off school.
- I am able to perform on various dates from 23 November 2022 to 15 January 2023 (approx. 25 performances). This will involve taking time off school and performing over the Christmas and New Year holidays (not Christmas Day or New Year’s Day).
- I take full responsibility for getting myself to and from all rehearsals and performances.
- I am able to pick up choreography quickly.
As a rough guide the total time required off school is approximately 7 days across rehearsals and performances. Please discuss this with your family and school before you audition. You may also need to take time off from any extracurricular activities. Being part of the Harrogate Theatre Pantomime Company is a wonderful experience and lots of fun, but it does require a serious commitment from you and your family.
*Please note access to the stage and around the theatre is by stairs only.