“In terms of bang for your buck, sponsoring the arts is the best way to attract influential people” The Times
2018 is the start of a new era here at Harrogate Theatre.
Naturally we are delighted to be an Arts Council National Portfolio Organisation for 2018-22 and this funding is a significant contribution towards our continued delivery of work for Harrogate and the wider region.
However, as an organisation we are always creatively ambitious - never more so than today - and we don’t want to stop there! With this in mind we’ve been busy making some new and exciting plans which take us beyond our core funding capabilities.
We understand that public funding is reducing alongside an ever-increasing landscape of incredible art and artists. As we strive to make Harrogate Theatre a more self-sufficient entity, it’s important that we develop important new partnerships and continue to develop our audiences and investors.
With enough support and financial backing we can continue to champion the arts in the town, support artists - locally and beyond - and to deliver quality new creative experiences and live entertainment to our local community and visitors.
We are are looking to build a range of new core partnerships to help make our plans happen and further establish Harrogate as a cultural centre in the North.
Are you a business with an interest in supporting the arts in Harrogate? On Friday 11th May we revealed ambitious plans to live stream our wonderful panto in to local hospitals, children's wards and hospices to take the joy out to those who can't come to us over Christmas.
Here are the main details:
- We want to livestream our pantomime - Jack and the Beanstalk - on December 28th live from Harrogate Theatre.
- This would be distributed in partnership with Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust. The Trust is excited about and fully supports the project.
- Jack and The Beanstalk would be screened in the lecture theatre at Harrogate Hospital, as well as at Ripon Hospital plus across the Children’s Wards and to patients across all other wards who can access the free hospital wifi.
- This will be a HD livestream with full stereo sound that can be projected, watched on TV, tablets or smartphones.
- This will be a first for North Yorkshire and Harrogate Theatre would lead the way with this innovative approach.
- Leading the project is Associate Artist, Marcus Romer, who has vast experience of delivering these projects over the last 10 years as a pioneer in this area of work.
- To make this happen we have set a target of £25,000. This is required for the technical team and equipment to deliver this on the scale we hope for.
- We are looking to build up increments of £5,000 packages of support to make this happen.
- Here the supporters will be named as Executive Producers of the digital production, and be above the line credits for the film version.
- We will then work with these supporters to enable us to deliver their corporate and PR requirements in terms of publicity, marketing and brand visibility.
If you think you can help us realise this exciting proposition for Harrogate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.