This established and popular poetry course offers the opportunity for participants to extend their interest in poetry both through the reading of the selected poets and others of their own choice.
The new course will follow the structure of last year in that the chosen poetry will be linked to themes explored in pairs of novels.
Projected themes are:
- Gentlemen Going to War - Memoirs of a Fox Hunting Man; Sword of Honour Trilogy. Poems of 1914.
- Progress and Decay. Middlemarch; Mayor of Casterbridge. Poetry of the 1930's.
- The Problem of Evil. Heart of Darkness; Lord of the Flies. Poetry of Shakespeare, Milton, Browning etc.
- National Identity. Daniel Deronda; Things Fall Apart. Scottish, Welsh, Irish and Third World poetry.
- Dreams of the Future. The Machine Stops; Brave New World. Edwin Muir, Yeats, Auden et al.
The ten week course will begin on Monday Sept. 17th. And will be held in the theatre bar. 2 p.m. to 3.30 p.m.
The cost of the course is £60, payable at the box off and proceeds go to support the work of the theatre.
The course is led by John Forster MA, MEd, and further details are available from him - e-mail email@example.com
|10 weeks £60.00|
If you book online there will be a £1.75 transaction charge added at the end of your order. Order from as many shows as you like in one transaction and pay only £1.75.
- Box office
- 01423 502116
- Oxford Street,
- HG1 1QF